Your Rewards full terms and conditions
The Charles Clinkard Loyalty Scheme (Scheme) is promoted and operated by The Clinkard Group Limited (Clinkards)a company registered in England and Wales under company number 02771054 and with our registered office at Eveline House, Preston Farm Business Park, Stockton on Tees, Cleveland, TS18 3TA. Our VAT number is GB 633 2528 55.
In short, the Scheme enables you to earn points (Points) when purchasing products from Clinkards which accumulate and are periodically converted into vouchers redeemable in exchange for products from Clinkards.
These are the terms and conditions which apply to your membership of the Scheme and the allocation of Points earned on purchases from Clinkards (whether made in store or online).
1. The Scheme is promoted and operated by Clinkards and is available to all persons who submit a completed application form and are accepted as a member of the Scheme or to whom we otherwise make the Scheme available. Application forms can be completed and submitted in-store (through our till system) or online (through our website).
2. Membership of the Scheme is in our absolute and sole discretion and we reserve the right to refuse any applications for any reason or no reason at all.
3. Members will earn one Point for each full £1.00 spent or such other values as we determine, in our absolute and sole discretion, from time to time (see clause 7 below).
4. Points cannot be earned on products we decide, from time to time, not to include in the Scheme in our absolute discretion (see clause 15 below).
5. Where a condition is stipulated in order to receive Points (such conditions to be determined in our absolute and sole discretion from time to time), the relevant condition must be satisfied before the Points are credited to you.
6. The amount spent on purchases made overseas will be converted into a sterling value so that Points can be allocated in the Scheme.
7. We reserve the right to vary the Points available, and the rate at which Points will be allocated, from time to time or to cease to offer Points (in whole or in part). Any change will be notified to you by the display of notices in our stores, advised to you in mailings, or in writing.
8. Points cannot be exchanged for cash, gift vouchers or gift cards. Points and Scheme Vouchers (as defined below) cannot be transferred from one person to another unless specifically notified and agreed by us.
9. You may not be able to earn or redeem any Points whilst you are in breach of any agreement between Clinkards and you or any of Clinkards’ policies or other terms and conditions that are applicable to you. Where we believe that there has been such a breach, we may withdraw Points already allocated and/or remove you from the Scheme, in our absolute and sole discretion.
10. Points will only be credited to your account if you notify us of your membership of the Scheme and/or give us details of your account at the time that the relevant purchase is made. For the avoidance of doubt, it is your responsibility to notify us of your membership of the Scheme/existence of your account (and all other relevant information) at the time of purchasing any applicable product(s) (whether in store or online) and, if such notification or relevant information is not given and, accordingly, the relevant Points are not credited to your account, Clinkards accepts no responsibility for this failure and you shall not be entitled to be credited the Points to your account at any time after the purchase has been made.
11. Points will be converted to vouchers (Scheme Vouchers) at the end of the collection period (the period and frequency of which is to be determined from time to time in our absolute and sole discretion) and sent to you either in paper format (by post) or by e-mail or by credit to a store card. Any Points not converted to Scheme Vouchers at the end of a collection period will be lost and not carried forward until the next collection period. Collection periods will be approximately every six months, or as notified.12. Scheme Vouchers will be valid for the dates shown on the Scheme Voucher(s) or, if no such dates are shown, for
12. months from and including the date the Scheme Voucher(s) is/are issued to you. Scheme Vouchers that are presented after the expiry date stated will not be valid, unless specifically agreed by us. Scheme Vouchers may only be redeemed against Clinkards’ product ranges in participating Clinkards’ stores or through Clinkards’ website. We will notify you if redemption of Scheme Vouchers in any particular store or website or via any particular method changes.
13. No change will be given where a purchase is less than the face value of the Scheme Voucher.
14. Scheme Vouchers cannot be redeemed against the purchase of gift vouchers or gift cards.
15. We reserve the right to substitute or remove product ranges/offers available for redemption using Scheme Vouchers at any time without notice.
16. We cannot be responsible for any loss of Scheme Vouchers once dispatched to you.
17. If a product is obtained solely using Scheme Vouchers any refund on such a product will be given as a gift card or you can opt to exchange the product. No cash refunds will be given in these circumstances. Where applicable, credit vouchers will be refunded to equal the value of Scheme Vouchers originally used.
18. If you return a product where Points were awarded in respect of such purchase pursuant to the Scheme, any Points awarded for the original purchase of the product will be deducted from your account upon us being notified of the return. If a refund is completed after Scheme Vouchers have been issued, then Points earned in the original transaction will be deducted and the Points balance on an account may become a negative value. You should present your account information with the returned products so that we are able to easily process the deduction of the Points pursuant to this clause.
19. Your membership of the Scheme starts when your account is opened, or when we determine the Scheme is available to you, and ends when your account is closed (either by us or you) or when we determine that the Scheme is no longer in operation.
20. We reserve the right to withdraw or cancel the Scheme at any time giving account holders seven days’ notice in writing.
21. We reserve the right to change or amend the terms and conditions of the Scheme. Any changes will be notified by the display of notices in our stores or advised in writing.
22. We reserve the right to take any appropriate action where the account holder has breached any agreement between you and Clinkards, any of Clinkards’ policies or other terms and conditions that are applicable to you or these terms and conditions of the Scheme.
23. In the case of dispute (including, without limitation, a dispute about the Scheme or these terms and conditions of the Scheme), the decision of Clinkards shall be final.
24. Should you lose or accidentally disclose your account number/information you should contact us immediately. Please make sure your account name and address are kept up-to-date and accurate to minimise security risks. We cannot be responsible for non-receipt of Scheme Vouchers or post sent by us. We recommend that you use recorded delivery when sending important documentation to us.
25. These terms and conditions of the Scheme do not affect your legal rights.
26. I understand and agree that membership of the Scheme will mean that Clinkards and other members of Clinkards group of companies may use personal and transactional data on my account and/or that I have provided to Clinkards for the purposes of analysis and so that specific offers may be made to me.
27. I understand that I may opt-out of receiving Scheme communications at any time by contacting Clinkards and I acknowledge that this may (in Clinkards’ absolute and sole discretion) result in my membership of the Scheme ending.
28. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms and conditions of the Scheme to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under them.
29. You may not transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms and conditions of the Scheme to another person.
30. This agreement is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of the terms and conditions of the Scheme.
31. Each of the paragraphs of these terms and conditions of the Scheme operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
32. If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these terms and conditions of the Scheme, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
33. These terms and conditions of the Scheme are governed by English law and we both irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection these terms and conditions of the Scheme or the Scheme itself (including non-contractual disputes or claims).